Monday, January 28, 2013

Springfield Woods Creative Challenge: "Let Freedom Ring" by Carla G


The second creative work in the Friends of the Springfield Woods Creative Challenge...

The Creative Challenge: From the "artifacts" found during the various cleanups, create a story or poem or graphic sequence which tells how it got in the Springfield Woods.
Creative works submitted will be published here on the blog. All rights are retained by the creators.

To submit your creative work, email: butchberry@hotmail.com and specify "Springfield Woods Creative Challenge" in the subject line.

the lost ring

The Springfield Woods Stream
Let Freedom Ring!
by Carla G

I am a Ruby Ring!
I once lived on the finger of a King!
Not a tough life,
But, still, I felt strife...

Suddenly! I decided that I wanted MORE!
So, one day, while my King and Lord Baltimore
were out on an evening stroll,
From my King's finger I fell,
And went on a roll
To FREEDOM!...

Well, times have changed,
And so have my moods.
I wish to be found now; saved!
Here, in the Springfield Woods!

Copyright 2013 Carla G




No comments:

Post a Comment